HandBand Pro® handbands were created out of a need in the fitness industry for a better grip and hand protection that prevents blisters caused by friction on the bar.
The feedback from the Crossfit and fitness community has been incredible, and we love to hear from athletes who are amazed that their hands don't blister or rip after multiple reps anymore!
Since the launch of HandBand Pro® in May 2014, we had also unexpectedly received positive feedback from many people who rely on wheelchairs for mobility, saying that they prefer HandBand Pro® over their gloves for their chairs because they are easy to put on and off, they don't cover their whole hand, they protect their hands and help with grip, and they love how they look."Girl on Wheels" - Jul 15, 2014 "I'm 22 and wheelchair bound - Pushing my chair just has my hands so messed up. I hate my regular gloves because they take me forever to put on and they look funny on me, but Handbands are so cute & simple to use. I'm getting more!!" -Rubi
When we posted Rubi's picture and comment on our Facebook page in July 2014, we received numerous comments, messages, emails and calls from people asking where they could get HandBand Pro® for the wheelchairs.
The pictures and requests were both inspirational, heartbreaking, and humbling. There is a huge need here. Did you know that in the US alone, there are over 3.3 million wheelchair users?? And this - less than 20% of wheelchair/walker users are employed.
We provide free HandBand Pro® to those who rely on wheelchairs, walkers and crutches for mobility, but the need is greater than what we can do alone. This is where you come in!
We set up the HandBand Pro® Sponsorship Program to provide a free pair of HandBand Pro® to someone in need through a sponsorship from YOU. I don't know about you, but I take my mobility for granted. My legs work and I complain that I 'can't walk' after leg day.
The more requests that come in, the more I'm humbled and reminded that I can do SOMEthing to help. It may be small, but a pair of HandBand Pro® may make a positive difference in someone's life. Will you join us in spreading a little kindness? We never know what it could mean to someone.
What does it mean to be a Sponsor?
It means you care. It means you'd like to help someone who relies on a wheelchair, walker, or crutches for mobility to receive a free pair of HandBand Pro®. There is no other obligation or requirement.
How Can I Become a Sponsor?
We've made it as easy as possible for you to Sponsor!
- Choose the person you'd like to sponsor.
- Add to your cart and complete the checkout process.
- We have special pricing for Sponsorship and we ship directly to your recipient for you!
- If you'd like to add a personal note, write it in the NOTES section at checkout and we will include it with your gift.
- As a special thank you, we will also email you a $5 HandBand Pro® Gift Card that you can use any time!
You can sponsor someone in one of 3 ways:
1) Choose an Individual to sponsor on this page and check out!
If there is currently no one to sponsor, you may:
2) Choose a Full Sponsorship - We will send a pair off to the very next request in your name and let you know who it is and when we will ship!
3) Choose a Partial Sponsorship - You can contribute 1/3 of a sponsorship. We will combine your contribution with 2 others who choose this option and send off a pair to the next request in the name of you three and we'll let you know who it is and when we ship!
Thank you so much for being part of the HandBand Pro® Sponsorship program! Your gift may mean more than you or I know.
If you rely on a wheelchair, walker, or crutches for mobility, you may be eligible to receive a free pair of HandBand Pro® through the HandBand Pro® Sponsorship Program. Please fill in the form below completely. We will do our best to match a sponsor to you as quickly as possible.
We will not share your personal information with anyone and we do not send spam. The information we collect from you is only for our use to send your HandBand Pro® to you once you have been sponsored.
We leave off the last name of children requesting sponsorship, and we will do so for you as well, if you prefer.