First of all, if you've got blisters and ripped calluses, heal them up quick!
- Soak your hands in a warm Epsom Salt bath (caution: it may sting a wee bit)
- Trim away the soft, excess skin.
- Pat dry.
- Treat them with HandBand Pro® RIP Balm
- Keep them uncovered, clean and dry.
- Cover them with Neosporin, gauze and tape while you work out, otherwise don't cover them at all.
Maintaining Your Calluses:
Ok, so you've got calluses. Good. Keep them. Just prevent them from ripping!
- Use a pumice stone on your hands in the shower. Don't rub too hard, or your hands will be sore when you work out the next day.
- While still in the shower, use a sea/epsom salt scrub with coconut oil.
- After your shower, while the calluses are soft, scrape them down (fingernails work just fine, or use some kind of scraper tool - GENTLY), and then use nippers to trim any excess raised skin so you don't pick at it (or bite at it - we know your type) once it's dry. Don't be too aggressive. You'll do this almost daily. It's a process. Don't gouge yourself.
Use HandBand Pro® handbands for your workouts. They PREVENT blisters and rips during high-rep WODs. You'll keep your calluses, but they won't rip.
Be sure to wash your hands to remove all lotions and oils before your workout. HBP Hand & Grip Sanitizer is great for this, and they keep your grips like new.
This is pretty simple to follow, and it will make such a difference in your workouts. You don't need to have nasty hands to show you how hard you train. Your body is evidence of that. Protect your hands so you can train better.